Thursday, October 02, 2003

TGIF?

I suppose I could say I am glad that it is Friday except that I am taking the day off so perhaps it should be TGIT. Anyway, I have a zillion and one things to do this weekend in preparation for a vacation in Italy. I will be going to Rome on Monday to pick up my red hat, or so I have told some co-workers. Some give me a blank stare. Those who are Catholic sort of laugh a little. I guess they are not sure if it is appropriate or not.

I have been disenfranchised, sort of. Several weeks ago I applied for an absentee ballot but it did not arrive. I called the elections department this week and they assured me it was mailed on the 8th of September and to the correct address but for some reason I never received it. So now I will go to City Hall and cast my ballot early for this stupid recall election that rich boy Daryl Issa started. It is nothing but a case of sour grapes which is costing the state millions of dollars. There is no reason to recall Gov. Davis. Disagreeing with his policies is handled at the ballot box at election time, not by calling a special election to throw him out. If he has committed some sort of crime it would be different. Seems to me that the word malfeasance was always a requirement for recalls in the past. Does anyone know what that word means? I have looked it up and I still am confused.

I feel very tired tonight. My body has apparently been fighting off some sort of cold or flu bug and so far has done a good job at it but is has left me feeling tired so I think I will try to catch some extra snoozes tonight. I am not sleepy at the moment so this will present a problem as I hate to go to bed and just stare at the ceiling. Oh well...c'est la vie.



No comments: