Monday, December 29, 2003

Final week, or, final 19 hours...

Now begins the second short week in a row and my final week with the firm. Then it is on to a permanent vacation, more or less. With this cold rainy weather here in SF I am really looking forward to my journey to Thailand in January.

Still no new hires at work and they have even deleted the two open positions from the firm's HR website page. I wonder what is going on?

Went to another holiday party last night at a friend's apartment and now Wednesday night it is the big one - New Year's Eve. It looks as if the rain may go away or at least decrease considerably by then. Actually, I don't care what happens once I reach my destination as long as I can stay dry on the way there.

San Francisco's new mayor, Gavin Newsom, takes office on the 8th of January. His transition team is in place and apparently rather large despite the city's large deficit. Could they all be volunteers????

No comments: