Monday, December 15, 2003

Monday after

Well, I survived the firm's Christmas party on Saturday night, this year held at the Omni Hotel. My digestive system almost didn't but that is another story. Anyway, I spent much of the evening drinking white wine (never found the hard liquor bar) and telling people about my retirement at the end of this month. Some had heard rumors and some were genuinely surprised.

Now if we can only get one or two very competent people hired prior to my departure so that I can start the training but I am not gong to hold my breath on that one as I have only 9 full days remaining here, then it is Hasta la vista baby. I have told my superiors, however, that I can make myself available for training after the first provided, of course, I am not off to Borneo or somewhere else. Ha!

Christmas shopping occupied much of my time over the weekend and I have completed that but I need an appropriately sized box for one of the items. Guess I will check out the UPS store during my lunch hour. If that does not work I will have to return to MBE on Saturday morning.

I hope this week goes smoothly and quickly as the next two weeks will be only 2-1/2 work days long each.

Cheers...

No comments: