Saturday, December 27, 2003

Morning after

The day after Christmas was a quiet day as I only ventured out twice. The first time going to Trader Joe's for some wine and other goodies and then to Cala Foods for food items that I regularly buy.

Last night a friend came over and we watched a movie that neither of us would go to the theater to see: Finding Nemo. Yes, it was a kids movie but there was enough in it to interest adults too and since my friend is studying animation it was natural that he should watch it. In fact, the evening started with his own animation whose features looked every bit as good as the Disney/Pixar film. And that comment was not influenced by the wine we were drinking.

Speaking of wine, however, after the film we went out to our favorite local pub where we both switched to beer for several more hours so this morning I am feeling a bit groggy. I guess one might call it a hangover. Now I must prepare for New Year's Eve which will be something special this time since the 31st of January is my last day of work prior to retirement.

No plans today although I hope I can catch the Metropolitan Opera Broadcast somewhere on Internet radio, perhaps KING-FM from Seattle. Today's performance features Berlioz' Benvenuto Cellini which I have never heard in its entirety. Then there is another party to attend on Sunday evening but that one will probably involve less consumption of alcohol than last night.

It is very chilly here in SF. It is 42F/5C on my patio deck at 9:30 AM and my heater has been working overtime last night and this morning.

I need something to keep me warm today. I wonder what I should do...

No comments: