Monday, December 22, 2003

Good question!

Is there really anything to write about at this time? Well, at least we are only a couple of days away from the pagan holiday hijacked by the Christians now known as Christmas. After that we can get back to normal, whatever that is. For me it won't exactly be normal as I will only have two-and-a-half days left at work and then I retire but don't get ready to put me in a wheel chair and push me over to Laguna Honda hospital. I certainly can't predict what my health will be like five or ten years from now but right now is the perfect time to retire so I can enjoy and extended vacation.

At work in recent years I have become known as "Mr. World Traveler". Since 1998 I have been in France three times, one time in the U.K. (a brief stay in London), and I have been in Italy, Taipei, Singapore, Shanghai, and Thailand, and I am scheduled to return to Thailand soon for my second visit. Where will I go next? Good question! I want to return to Paris but I really should go back to London as my previous visit was far too short and there are some things I would like to see there and I would like to visit a friend in York.

Being a rail fan the London Transport Museum would be high on my list. I also need to explore the Underground lines and outlying areas. I can just enjoy walking around a city to see what it and its architecture and life styles are. I don't need to go to touristy sites all the time. They are usually too crowded and overpriced anyway. First, back to BKK and Chiang Mai. After that I can start thinking about the next journey.

Ciao!

No comments: