Wednesday, January 12, 2005

3:28 PM Wednesday
12-Jan-2005
Bangkok, Thailand

As predicted, what do I do between 9 and 5? Ha! Since this is my fourth visit here, I seem to be running out of things to do thus I have a lot of spare time during the day. Oh well, at least I am not in chilly and rainy San Francisco.

Hopefully I can take the tour up north with Wit & Eddy as we planned to do earlier this week. That got cancelled when I came down with a case of food poisoning. A trip to the excellent Bumrungrad Hospital in the morning took care of that problem although I was quite weak for the next day. I seem to be back to normal now, whatever that is, so hopefully we can try it one more time. It will be an all day adventure requiring a three hour drive in both directions. There will also be a walk into the jungle and the viewing of many waterfalls along the way. I thought that the tour was gone but was delighted to learn that both Wit and Eddy would still be available until Sunday.

The weather is typical for this time of the year, not as hot as April and May and not as humid, however the daytimes still see temperature up into the low nineties. This morning was quite humid however, much more so than what the previous days had been. It seems to be less so now.

So here I sit in the Mr. Bean Coffee & Internet shop on Silom Road drinking a nice tall cool chocolate flavored drink whose name I momentarily forget although I think it might be something like "Choc Shock" but I am not sure.

For Christmas a friend gave me a 512 mb compact flash card for my Canon G3. Wow, I now have more memory in that camera than in my own brain. LOL That card combined with two 256mb cards I already have should last a vacation of several months duration.

Tonight is the director's party (aka: Happy Hour) at the Tarntawan Hotel. Michael Pearson has this each Wednesday so you know I am not about to pass up a free drink.

So that is the latest from this part of the world for now.

No comments: