Sunday, January 09, 2005

8:23 AM Monday
Jan. 10, 2005
Bangkok, Thailand

While I wait for the maid to service my room I decided to go on-line once again. This posting will be shorter, I think. Anyway, the most recent event was my tour down to "The Ancient City" yesterday (Muang Boran) which is not to be confused with the ancient capital of Ayuttaya which is north of here. (Please pardon any spelling errors that I may made there as I am operating from memory on this that ain't good these days.)

I have now visited with my friends on different occasions and had dinner with Anant last Saturday and then with Pin last night. Both are well and working as hard as ever, if not more so.

Tourism is bustling here but this morning's Bangkok Post contains serveral interesting articles about what to do with the beaches on Phuket. They have been cleaned up and are once again back to their beautiful pristine condition. Some want to keep them that way, free of beach chairs, umbrellas, and small businesses which had encroached on them previously, thus ruining their natural beauty. Certain greedy business people may, however, have something to say about that. There are those also, who want to use this as a golden opportunity to curb the "adult" businesses in the region. Good luck on that one!

Anway, today will be a day of rest. May take a tour with Eddy tomorrow to a national park. I should have the details of that later today. In the meantime I will relax a bit. Perhaps I'll go to Wat Pho for a traditional Thai massage. I will probably also visit a bookstore and may just sit in a coffee shop for awhile.

So that will be for this time. Cheers from Bangkok.

No comments: