Monday, January 03, 2005

I knew I should not have gone out New Year's Eve. Today I feel a bit under the weather with the very faint beginnings of a sore throat and other very minor symptoms of something. This with less than 48 hours until flight time to Bangkok. Grrr...

One thing for sure, I am going to have follow doctor's orders strictly when it comes to irrigating my sinus passages with a saline solution during the flights and then with Neo-Synephrine as the plane starts its descent. In January 2003 I had picked up some sort of bug just prior to leaving but not knowing how to handle the situation with regard to my sinuses, they became very dry during the flight and so I ended up with a big problem with my ears due to a problem with the eustachian tube. This also resulted in squeaky voice and a cough for several days. I don't want to go through that again.

Anyway, I must rest as much as possible today and tomorrow. Most everything is in readiness. I will fold and pack my clothes tomorrow but there is little else that needs to be done now.

If and when time permits, I may post something here while in Bangkok and Chiang Mai. This will be all for now from San Francisco.

No comments: