Saturday, January 22, 2005

8:54 AM Sunday
23-Jan-2005
Chiang Mai, Thailand


Here I am down to my final two days in Chiang Mai. On Tuesday I will head back to Bangkok for one night only prior to my return to San Francisco. This has been a wonderful journey as usual and I have enjoyed visiting with my friends from previous visits plus meeting new ones. Ben has been especially helpful as my personal tour guide this time in Chiang Mai. In fact, I have scheduled a third tour for tomorrow which will take us up north to the Chiang Dao caves and other sites in the vicinity. Today will be a day of rest as I have nothing planned for today or tonight.

I do not know if I will ever return this way again. This is my fourth visit here and I think it is time to move on even though I will will miss my friends here. I know people at home will ask about my next vacation once I return home so let me say this. I have nothing planned now however I am leaning towards Melbourne, Australia as my next destination. I want to meet my correspondents Neil and Paul and as a transit enthusiast, I will be in paradise in Melbourne with its extensive tram system. From what I have seen in photos and videos, it is a beautiful city which has managed to combine the old with the new very well so I know I would be kept very busy photographing its many assets.

Anyway, enough for now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes Irving, I think you should try Melbourne. The trams will keep you occupied for weeks. And we do have other attractions such as moi. Cheers. Paul