Friday, January 21, 2005

6:03 PM Friday
21-Jan-2005
Chiang Mai, Thailand

This is my third full day in this city in northern Thailand and it has been a busy time for me with two tours which have taken me all the way up to the Myanmar border at an Army camp (Thai Army) and today's tour took me up to the highest peak in the country at Doi Inthanon. It was also the first time I felt cold. It was 16C with a partly cloudy sky and the thing that bothered me was the same thing as at home - wind. We did not stay outdoors too long however. The waterfalls in the park and other areas were beautiful as were the temples at the top of the mountain. I have shot several hundred photos and still have three full days remaining on this journey so I will have a big job sorting everything out once I return home next week.

After dinner tonight I will again head over to the bars in the Peak area and visit with War and Jack and others. Tomorrow night I am scheduled to have dinner with Ray. Ben won't be available for a tour on Sunday but maybe we have go somewhere for part of the day on Monday. There are some caves north of the city that I have seen previously but would like to see again. That should be a half day tour.

So things have been going well and come Wednesday I will probably not want to go home. My only disappointment is that Alex had to go to Bangkok on business the day after I arrived here so our visit was very brief.

No comments: