Thursday, February 10, 2005

Here we are once again. OK, great, now what? Well, today will be a little different and more interesting than most of recent times. First there is the luncheon appointment with former co-workers and a chance to see their new digs on Second Street. Then later in the day I will have the first of five (or is it ten) sessions with a personal trainer at the gym. It is expensive but I don't want to just spin my wheels and kill time at the gym. I want results and I don't want to risk (more than necessary) injuring myself in the process so I decided to opt for this package in hopes of getting off on the right foot and producing some results this time. Other gym memberships in the past have done nothing for me in the sense that I or anyone else could see results. I guess I was also lucky that I did not injure myself as well. This time the love handles must go!!!!!!

Yesterday I received my new 19" LCD monitor which is great. Besides giving me a bigger viewing area, it also takes up much less space on the desk and the picture is really sharp. The old CRT monitor was a 17" which now must be recycled in some manner as well as an HP printer (also in working order) plus an Epson scanner which is not in working order unless someone is still using Windows 95. Lastyear HP had a recycling program around Labor Day which was very helpful. I wonder if they will do that again this year.


Looks like the weather will be beautiful today and tomorrow with spring like conditions with temps up around 63F/17C. It is too bad much of my day will be spent indoors but at least tomorrow is looking promising as I have no daytime activities scheduled at the present time.

No comments: