Thursday, February 17, 2005

What is going on here? Well, I certainly have not been watching the grass grow as some retirees seem to do. After signing up at the gym (24 Hour Fitness) and hiring a personal trainer, I have been stopped cold in my tracks due to an age thing and now must get clearance from my doctor for the training program and the possible use of their food supplements, etc. Oh, I can still go to the gym but there are apparently things involved with the training program which are now of concern to them with regard to possible liability issues. Jeesh...this is frustrating however I will pick up the necessary forms today and take them to my doctor for review. Hopefully I can get clearance in time for my next visit with the trainer on Monday. In the meantime I will spend some more time on the treadmill as part of my cardio program.

Yesterday Donn and I saw a wonderful musical at the Curran. "Caroline, or Change" which is ending its run this Sunday, the 20th. It was very well performed by an excellent cast. They were all good which is not always the case with musicals or even just straight dramatic productions. If there was one standout however, I thought that Anika Noni Rose (as Emmie Thibodeaux) had the best voice in the cast. I would like to hear more of her.

After the theatre event, we went to N' Touch for Happy Hour and that it was after two G&Ts ably mixed by handsome Jason. Grrr... From there we went to Victor's for pizza (don't tell my trainer) and wine. Whee... I did manage to walk back up the hill to my apartment but it was not easy. Now I guess I should spend some extra time on the treadmill.

Tomorrow night I will be going to a concert by the SF Symphony. I decided to buy this extra ticket as they are performing a choral work by Schumann, Das Paradies und die Peri, which is not heard frequently. Also, my next regular subscription series concert is not until March 11th (Mahler's Symphony No. 7). My previous concert was way back in November.


I've not decided what to do this weekend although I will listen to the Met broadcast on Saturday at 10:30 AM on the Internet from KING-FM in Seattle. Saturday night the Chinese New Year's parade will be held but I will watch that on channel 2 as usual. I might go out later in the evening but I'm not sure yet.

Not much planned for the rest of the month at this point except for an Academy Awards party at Bobby's place with the same group that attended his Super Bowl party.

Well, I had planned to use the treadmill today but I am not sure I am ready for it yet after all of yesterday's activities. Perhaps this afternoon after I have had a chance to eat a little more and clear my head a bit.

Right now I need some water.

CU later...

No comments: