Thursday, February 24, 2005

I am really in the fog this morning. It is overcast and foggy outdoors and my head is all stuffed up from my first cold in a couple of years. What a combination!

Just looked at the Giants schedule for 2005 and was confused at first by LAD on their website. I guess that would be to differentiate the them from the LAA (Los Angeles Angels)whom they don't play this year. Their webpage also lists the transplanted Expos at WSH while the PDF printout lists them as WAS. Apparently someone in the Giants front office was in a fog while preparing these documents.

I see that the pope is back in the hospital. It is not surprising for someone his age and being in such poor health to begin with. Last year I predicted to some friends that he would be gone by the end of the year. It appears I erred a bit on the timing and I can say or predict that 2005 is not looking good for him. Now the question as to who will replace him. He has packed the College of Cardinals with conservatives so it will undoubtedly be someone as or more conservative than him. Did I hear someone say Ratzinger? Geesh, he would set the church back 500 years.

Another neo-con is stirring things up in Massachusetts as Gov. Romney reverses himself publically concerning gay marriage or unions. Is he the U.S. spokesman for the pope?

I am lucky that I don't feel my age (nor look it too I guess) but I am actually glad that I not twenty or thirty something. The future does indeed look very dark for the world and now I wonder what Bush/Rice have planned for Iran?????

No comments: