Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Although not terribly religious and nominally Catholic, I still felt very sad when I saw an extremely ill Pope on TV tonight. He was obviously in pain and it reminded me of one of my relatives at that stage of life. I felt so sorry for him. He wanted to speak but couldnt and look very frustrated, frail, and in pain. How much longer will he survive? He apparently is of strong mind but the body is not cooperating. It almost brought tears to my eyes to see him in such agony. Last year I thought he might not make it through the year and I was wrong but now I am certain that he has little time left. I feel certain that he won't make it through the next nine months but if he does, the church should appoint an interim pope or administrator, whatever the rules call for. The man is clearly incapable of carrying on as the leader in his present condition.

For more information on the Pope, click here.

A local SF radio personality died today, Dr. Don Rose of KFRC fame. He was one always to come up with wacky jokes, one of which was repeated on the news earlier tonight. I am not sure if I can quote it exactly but it had something to do with "someone braking into the restroom at a police station and stealing everything in sight. The police had nothing to go on."

And with that I am outa here for now.

No comments: