Friday, March 04, 2005

When I started reading Christopher Caen's latest column, I thought he might be talking about The Bush, but no, it was a piece about our Governator who wants to have his own way, no matter what. I really think that if we are going to have a special election this fall, the election should include a recall of Arnie as well. He is such an embarrassment and I can't believe that some people would want him to run for president if it were legally possible. This country has sunk to new lows. Unfortunately, many of the younger generation, having flunked History 101A and U.S. Government 101A, know nothing and are willing to go along with this. It is scary. As someone said recently and which I mentioned previously in these pages, bring back Nelson Rockefeller, Everett Dirkson, and Barry Goldwater, politicians who could and would work with everyone and not just try to ram their own agenda down everyone else's throat.

There are many dangerous politicians on the loose around the country and now I have read some articles about possible Republican candidates for president in 2008. I thought they were all bad, save one, that one being Rudolph Guilliani. I was surprised that his name came up but at this point I could live with him, at least when comparing him with those to his right.

No comments: