Tuesday, March 08, 2005

"Item...item...whose gotta item" as one writer used to say. No, I am not trying to copy him but having not entered anything on these pages in several days, I am looking for new material.

Looks like former San Francisco Giants players can provide a little as former catcher A. J. Pierzynski continues to
complain about the way the team treated him and now former pitcher Dustin Hermanson is also making waves. It is interesting that both were traded to the same team. I wonder how many waves they will make there. I have read that Giants pitchers are greatly relieved (no pun intended) that hey have a new catcher, Mike Matheny, and he is eager to help the pitchers on the staff and work with them, something Pierzynski never did. For more SF Giants news click here.

On a personal note, why is these on-line airfare specials only come up when I don't have the time to take advantage of them? I received my United Airlines newsletter this morning which lists SFO to Sydney roundtrip for $689. I want to go to Australia (Sydney and Melbourne) but haven't so far because of the usual fares which are usually over $1000. With these advertised e-fares, one must go this month. I simply can't do that due to other obligations. Oi vay!

Our not so illustrious governor continues to buy votes out of state with his fund raising jaunts around the country. When will someone crack down on his antics? With some much business pending before our legislature, when will he come home and take of business here. If he did that, a special election probably would not be needed. Oi vay! Such an idiot!

Blind Justice starts tonight on ABC. That is the replacement for NYPD which ended its 12 year run last week and will be missed by me and others. Based on the previews I have seen of the new show, I don't think I could find it interesting. First, is it plausible that a police department anywhere could or would hire a blind person especially outside of a precinct desk job? I don't think so. As for the success of the program, if its producers think they are going to fill the niche left by NYPD, they are going to have to pull off something super human to do it. Over the span of my lifetime there have been only a handful of TV programs that were memorable and none could ever be duplicated. Stayed tuned folks to see what happens.

No comments: