Monday, August 15, 2005

I guess I have come down from my raving and ranting mood of yesterday. I even withdrew (hopefully) a letter I sent to B.A.R. Sometimes I think I should just forget about problems in general and withdraw from the world by living in a cabin in the middle of nowhere, away from all the craziness that exists here in the 21st Century. Life could be much simpler but then it would get lonely that way and I really would go crazy, or at least crazier than I am now. I guess that worrying about these things indicates I do care about what goes on but I feel so helpless as the world comes unglued little by little. It is too bad that whatever makes the human race tick, has not kept pace with technology. The technological marvels of this age should make things better for us but they don't. We need to be able to get along with each other better as well as ourselves. Many do but then many don't and those people seem to be increasing in numbers everyday. Violence in all forms continues to increase unabated and this is discouraging to say the least. Perhaps the twenty somethings see that and feel similarly but they are the ones who should be doing something about it as it is their future, not mine. I have lived my life in a satisfactory manner and have had a full plate most of my years. If and when the world goes down in flames, I will not be here to witness it (maybe) but the younger generation is the one in peril. It is their world, their future, that needs to be attended to and I fear that not enough is being done to save it.

No comments: