Saturday, August 20, 2005

Worst flooding in 40 years

I have heard from one friend in Chiang Mai, Thailand who was not effected by the recent flooding and he is fine but not everyone has been so lucky. There are a number of photos in the two articles about the flooding in the latest issue of the Chiangmai Mail. I am familiar with many of the places mentioned as well as pictured in these articles but I am not completely certain as to what areas were not effected by the flooding as I could not find mention of the Montri Hotel which is where I stay when I am there. It is probably too far away from the Mae Ping River to have been effected. Still, the Mae Ping River is so peaceful when I go there in January that it is difficult to imagine it rising enough to overflow into the city this way.

No comments: