Saturday, September 10, 2005

Bench with a View


Today, being the first mild and sunny day in several days, I decided to head over to Hungtington Park to get some fresh air and do some reading. I took my camera along also and here are two views from that bench. The first is of an apartment building (or are they condos?) near Sacramento and Mason, and the second photo is of the Mark Hopkins Hotel at California and Mason. The book I just started is written by one of my favorite SciFi writers, Ray Bradbury, and is entitled A Graveyard for Lunatics. It was first published in 1990 which surprised me as I thought Ray had died many years prior to that. Or has he died since? These days I am never sure who is alive and who is dead, including myself. Ha! Anyway, it was a pleasent afternoon there. I also enjoyed a Cafe Mocha from Peet's Coffee shop which has an outlet in the basement of Grace Cathedral.

No comments: