Sunday, September 11, 2005

Openings and closings

This is what I call my busy season. No, it is not tax season but with so much happening this month there is almost too much to do. Since I am a season subscriber to the opera and symphony I will be busy on many Friday and Saturday evenings with those events. Since I am a Giants fan I try to watch their games on TV and this week I will attend two games. The game against the Padres tomorrow night will see the return of Barry Bonds. Then I return to SBC Park on Thursday evening for the game against the Dodgers. The football season opened this weekend and the 49ers beat the Rams at home. The baseball season is winding down and the Giants will not make the playoffs so I can now concentrate on other events such as the opera, symphony, and NFL games. Grace Cathedral has a full schedule of Sunday afternoon organ recitals also. I plan to attend some of those and combine those events with the Choral Evensong service.

On a completely different note, there is also Happy Hour at N' Touch where you get more bang for your buck at the reduced prices. They have assembled a great crew there for Happy Hour and for the late evening events as well.

They say you should count your blessings. Well, my plate is full and I do. I have travel events to look forward to also with a short trip to the Washington D.C. area in late October and then a three week journey back to Thailand in January with stops in Pattaya, Chiang Mai, and Bangkok.

The last four months of the year always seem to zip by especially since the Christmas shopping season comes barreling in at warp speed and leaves my bank account somewhat leaner.

Well, I know I am rambling here but what the heck. There don't seem to be any important items to report on so I guess you could consider this a "slow news day." I am content if somewhat tired from a late night out Saturday.

No comments: