Saturday, October 08, 2005

San Francisco (among other things)

No, I have not been anywhere recently. I shot this photo in the Financial District of San Francisco but isolating this building from the rest of the familiar skyline makes it look like a building in any other city in the country. Strangely, at ground level this is not one of my favorite buildings but looking up at it the other morning while waiting for a bus, its appearance in a cloudless sky and with good lighting, made it look better.

Oh, the silly and stupid fools who will piggyback pranks (green bubling substances at Grand Central Station plus the bomb hoax at the Washington Monument), make me sick. I think THEY should spend some time at Guantanamo. This country has enough problems without pranks and hoaxes to take up the valuable time of the police and other security forces.

Today I started the process of changing gyms. I have been going to 24 Hour Fitness but have grown tired of the people and the facility at Post and Van Ness so today I went over to Gold's Gym at Ninth and Harrison to see what it is like there. I liked what I saw so I signed up and it will cost me $11 less per month than what I am paying now.

Ah, the Blue Angels are in the midst of their air show as I write this. The sound of them buzzing Nob Hill is enough to wake the dead.

No comments: