Sunday, October 16, 2005

Uneven distribution

Are you one of those people collecting the 50 State quarters? I am and I have a map in which to place them. For the longest time I could not find the California coin issued in 2005 but a friend had more than one so I bought one from him. From 2004 I am still missing Wisconsin and I check all my quarters for the new designs. Why is Wisconsin missing? For 2005 I received Kansas (3 of them) and Minnesota (2 of them) in change at Macy's yesterday. That is fine by where is Wisconsin? Anyway, this leaves only West Virginia to be issued this year.

Is anything important happening? Yes, but time does not permit to write about those things. Also they are very depressing. The state of this world especially this country are nauseating at times. Even such simple things as treating people with respect seems to be difficult these days. In fact, KPIX, channel 5, carried a disturbing report this week about how rude Americans are becoming towards each other.

Then there is "brain dead" in the White House and no, I do not hate Bush. Unfortunately the neo-cons of this country are so blinded by their "if you are not with us they you are against us" mentality. Then you have the new kids, literally, on the block who apparently failed U.S. History and/or U.S. Government 101, if they even went to high school, who know nothing about previous presidents. The attitude that George W. Bush is the greatest president ever is sickening and an insult to most of his predecessors. It is enough to make me scream "let me out of here" and move to another country. American politics is at its lowest point of my life and it extends to local and state politics as well. Consider "The Terminator" in Sacramento. So sad!

No comments: