Sunday, December 25, 2005

Bah...Humbug

This day is supposed to be merry. Right? Well, I guess for some people it is. For those of us who are growing older and who live alone and whose health does not always seem what it should be, there can be nothing merry about the day or the season. No, I am not dying and I have friends to visit later today but one of life's little irritations, cold sores, weighs heavily on me this morning and that is ridiculous. Why should such a minor irritation cause such a problem? I've had them before and will have them again but now, coming during this holiday season, seems most untimely and I worry about how long it will take to clear up as I leave on vacation in two weeks and want to be in tip top shape then. Ain't life grand?

It seems to be earily quiet this morning here in the apartment house. I am surprised that those who insist on playing their stereos rather loudly are not doing so. I also hope I don't jinx the situation by even mentioning that.

Anyway, it has started raining again. Yesterdays sunshine was a brief respite indeed. Forecasts seem to indicate that we will again have showers off and on all week including New Year's Eve. Booo...! We are already over 100% of normal in rainfall already so we don't need anymore, at least right away. It would be nice to dry out. I guess the dreary weather is just adding to my woes, that is, not feeling in a merry mood on this holiday. Oh well, some wine and dinner this afternoon should lift my spirits (I hope).

No comments: