Friday, December 30, 2005

What a laugh!

I was reading the article entitled "AT&T to spend big on ads" (in 2006) in this morning's edition of the San Francisco Examiner and about fell out of my chair when I read that the yearlong campaign's tag line will be: Your world. Delivered. Now, pray tell me, how are they going to accomplish that when they can't even deliver phone directories on time.

I have lived at my current address since October 1993 and each fall or early winter new phone directories are delivered, no questions asked. This year to date, no directories have arrived. In fact, I received a computerized phone call from SBC/AT&T on Thursday asking me if I had received directories or not (Press 1 for NO) so I pressed numero uno. Later that day I received a phone call from someone in India who asked me the same question. I had the same answer for him - NO - and then he wanted to know where I lived. My god, doesn't the phone company know where I live. Did they erase their memory banks when they merged? If this is an example of service with the new or old SBC or AT&T, I want nothing to do with them. What a mess!

No comments: