Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Brokeback Mountain

One of the hot movies out now is the one about two gay cowboys in Wyoming. I saw it yesterday and left the theatre feeling like I had been drug through the wringer. This has happened to me too much lately. Fortunately it was at the slightly reduced bargain matinee price but still, I could not find anything to enjoy. Perhaps it hit too close to home. I just don't know. I do know this however. I cannot identify with that cowboy/farmer/redneck culture that infects major portions of this country so the movie generally brought back some unpleasant memories from my teen years.

The movie was well acted and in every sense of the word it was a good movie however I have found other movies more meaningful and likely to reduce me to tears at times. One such movie was "Beautiful Boxer". How I would love to have that on DVD, or even VHS, but to date it is not available.

No comments: