Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Earlier this week I had expressed concern about losing the content of the "My Yahoo" page while being able to read all other web pages from Yahoo and others. Well, after about 12 hours the content of "My Yahoo" page reappeared just as mysteriously as it had disappeared.

My god, what is this? I called Dell technical support a couple of days ago to ask a question and did not have to wade through numerous call options and I got to a tech support person practically immediately and wonder of wonders, it was someone in the USA, in the Central Time zone, who was very friendly and helpful and best of all, I could hear him clearly and understand what he was saying. As a result of that my opinion of Dell tech support has gone from a 1 or 2 to 9 at least. I can't say 10 right now as I did not ask a complicated question but just being able to talk to one of my fellow Americans was a great big plus. Keep up the good work Dell!

Now I need to talk to the man upstairs about our cold weather. Some of the cold windy days we have had recently could be expected in January but not in May and it is driving me up the wall. It is very nippy now (51F) but at least there is no wind (yet). It is the wind that has been most irritating to me.

My SF Giants continue to struggle but at least my Red Sox are comfortably in first place in the AL-East. So take that George Steinbrenner (or however you spell his name).

No comments: