Saturday, May 26, 2007

Two comments have been receivied from readers concerning my postings below regarding the dollar coins and the long time for passport renewal. First the dollar coins: I tend to agree that distribution is part of the problem in that stores don't really want them as there are not enough coin slots in many cash registers to handle the additional coins, at least that is what I have heard from some retailers. We should be getting these in change and not have to "buy" them from the U.S. Mint so that is also part of the problem. As for the long time on the passport renewal, the U.S. State Department's website says it is taking ten to twelve weeks to process applications so the fact that I am still waiting after week number eleven does not bother me. It is only that a friend in southern California got his after fifteen days which I found amazing and he did too and when he told a neighbor who also applied at about the same time and who is still waiting as I am, his neighbor went through the roof also. As for being profiled by the U.S. Government in some manner that would not make sense especially if they were doing their job and doing it correctly. Grrr....

No comments: