Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Amazing...after a zillion telephone calls and slightly less e-mails to Dell Tech Support, the issues with this laptop computer have been corrected by the shipment of a new hard drive and now the computer has been been restored to Windows Vista Home Basic just as it was when it arrived from the factory - and most importantly - everything works. Yippee. This is a great relief. As for the old hard drive it is now on the way back to Dell via DHL.

Today I attended my first Giants game of the season but the Mets were too much for them again. We could have won, we should have won, but when they brought in Armando Benitez as the closer, I knew things would not go well and they didn't. I do not understand why they keep that guy on the roster. He makes me nervous every time he comes in. When he is good, he is bad...when he is bad, he is awful...or some such thing. (I was trying to paraphrase Mae West there but that did not seem to work.)
It is amazing how tired one can feel after a day in the sun at the ballpark, and, standing for several hours as I was. It was a full house and I had a SRO ticket. The weather was great but now I am tired. Should have no trouble sleeping tonight.

No comments: