Thursday, July 22, 2004

I'm not sure why people can't follow directions but too often I have seen people trying to flag down or board buses or trolleys in the middle of the block or when they are out of service.  Today I observed two women attempt to board an out of service F-line shuttle (Ferry Bldg. to Wharf) trolley near the Ferry Building.  To reach it they had to jay walk plus walk down the middle of the trolley tracks to reach it.  Next they jay walked back to catch an inbound trolley  just as he was to make a right turn off the Embarcadero tracks.  If I had been the operator I would not have stopped nor opened my doors at that location.  Anyway, they managed to get on at the corner which was not an authorized stop without getting hit by other vehicles or the trolley itself. 
 
Lots of nut cases wandering the streets today also.  Most perfectly harmless but there even one dressed in a suit who apparently did not like my looks who made some weird comments. 
 
Tonight the news on TV was so boring I switched to TMC channel and watched the original Frankenstein movie with Boris Karloff as the monster. 
 
The foggy weather continues with no sign of let up.  The weather inland may be fine but here along the coast it has been depressing especially since we could have had some very nice days if it had not been for the chilly wind blowing in off the ocean.  I am ready for warm weather no matter where I can find it.

No comments: