Friday, June 27, 2003

Got cool air?



It will be nice for Gay Pride celebrations this weekend but the hot air has overwhelmed my apartment the past two nights and I can't sleep with a fan running all the time. Why do we seem to go from one extreme to another? Can't we just have a bunch of days in the seventies and not the nineties. Yesterday was hotter in San Francisco than it was in my original hometown of Boston. Well, at least we don't have the high humidity which is so common on the East Coast. I guess I should buy a small fan for the area around my bed however. The big one in the living room would be overkill.

The Giants open a three game series against the Oakland A's tonight at Pacific Bell Park. We need to win at least two of these to keep up with or ahead of the Dodgers. It should be interesting on Sunday when baseball fans take BART into the city just when people are coming into the city for the Gay Pride celebrations. That could present some interesting scenes on the trains.

Hey, what happened. I just got kicked out of this edit page before I was finished.

Anyway, I remember one year when someone from the East Bay brought friends from Iowa or some such place, into the city on BART and it was Gay Pride weekend and they were so offended by what they saw that they wrote a letter to the Chronicle complaining about not being told what was going on. Well, duh, didn't those people ever read a newspaper or watch TV or listen to the radio. If so, they would have know what was going on. It was rather hilarious anyway despite their stupidity.

Have fun this weekend folks.

No comments: