Thursday, June 26, 2003

Item...item...whosegotanitem



or

Almost Friday



Either way, there is probably little to write about today. Obviously I have had little to say since Sunday, the 22nd. Today, however, is atypical in San Francisco with the temperature in the nineties (about 34C) and even hotter inland. I went out to lunch today and now I am glad to be back inside this air conditioned building. My apartment is air conditioned too but unfortunately by hot air. I wonder what it is like in City Hall? Do they have a problem with too much hot air there or other gases?? Herb Caen used to refer to it as Silly Hall but that was probably all he could print and get away with.

The opera season (for me) has officially ended as well as the symphony season for 2002/2003 and none too soon in-so-far as the opera goes. It sure did not seem like a world class opera company this month. The dreadful casting of "Damnation of Faust" will not be repeated by Los Angeles Opera where they have an outstanding cast lined up for that opera this September with Paul Groves, Samuel Ramey, and Denyce Graves. Oh how I would love to hear those three in the same opera, ANY OPERA!

Must toddle off now and put in my final four hours for this work day.

Stay cool everyone (in the Bay Area).





No comments: