Sunday, June 01, 2003

End of the weekend



Ah, where did it all go. Such a beautiful one full of sunshine and mild temperatures. Tomorrow and Tuesday are supposed to be even better except for one thing - work. Oh well, can't win 'em all.

Saturday found me spending a short time in the office cleaning up some paperwork from Friday. I felt much better at that point and of course it always good to be able to things without constant interruptions. Then last night I decided to go out and party. I am paying for that today in that I still feel very tired so I will turn in early tonight. As much as I might enjoy a night out at times, this body can't take it like it used to. The heart and mind are willing but the body protests.

This afternoon Richard came over as we continued our discussions about an upcoming vacation trip to Italy. Today's discussion was more about cameras than travel itinerary. He has been dong a lot of research and is torn between a 35mm film camera and going digital. The main hangup for film is the potential damage to film by airport scanners whereas the main hangup for him for digital is an operating computer at home. I think that more full service photo stores, however, are providing a means for downloading the photos from smart media cards or flashcards or whatever and then printing the photos while at the same time, providing a CD-ROM of all the photos. If so, he can get by without a computer at this time. This is one area of inquiry that should be pursued more.

As for me, I like my Canon 35mm film camera but wish I could afford the new digital bodies. Since I already have three lenses, that would be the best of both worlds. The instant gratification of digital has resulted in my using that camera most of the time but it is a very small camera with limited capabilities. Oh well, someday I might be able to buy one of the digital versions of my EOS-Elan. (sigh)

Time to turn in and catch up on my sleep now.

Bonne nuit.

No comments: