Sunday, June 15, 2003

Sunday, Sunday, where are you going?

As we head into the most depressing evening of the week, it is getting windy again. It has been sunny all weekend and the temperatures actually climbed above 61F. It was pleasant until the past hour or so when the sea breezes kicked in again.

Weird situation this morning as I went on an errand to a nearby store. I felt faint after the four block walk. I went to Staples where I was beginning to feel some unsteadiness and then I went to Walgreens where it became even worse. I left without buying anything but then had to sit down at the nearby bus stop for a few minutes. I made it home OK while stopping at Cala Foods but even at that point my feet seemed to be tingling a bit. I wonder what hit me.

Well, last night's production of Berlioz' Damnation of Faust turned out to be the most boring time I have spent in the opera house in years. The music was not particularly interesting and the cast and sets were terrible. The weak nasal sounding tenor, David Kuebler, should not have been retained after the opening night but he was and since he is the main character, Faust, it made for a long evening. No one in the cast really stood out and made me want to hear them again. Maybe the SF Symphony should try more opera after their superb Flying Dutchman.

Did my monthly bank statement balancing act today and once again I could not get things right. This was even after zeroing account the account balance a few days ago due to previous errors. Fortunately I had seen that coming and had activated overdraft protection but even with that I had to use considerable ten key tape before I got my computations to the point where I understood what my register balance should be. So I adjusted it and hopefully I will not make anymore errors during the coming four weeks and that the July statement and my register agree. If I am off $15.99 or some such silly amount again, I think I will pull my hair out or go mad, or both. hahaha

I hope everyone has a pleasant and productive week.

Bye for now...

No comments: