Saturday, November 15, 2003

Sore muscles?

I will find out tomorrow...probably more muscles than I knew I had. Ha! Richard and I went to Circuit City today to pick-up my new TV plus a new stand (assemble yourself). The 27" Panasonic weighs about 95 lbs. and the stand about 50. I just finished putting the stand together and things went amazing well. Now I must clear out the area around the old TV (old video tapes, etc.) plus move speakers further apart, etc.

Amazing poll on our mayoral run-off scheduled in a few weeks. The front runner for a long time has been Gavin Newsom who has led by substantial margins in all polls and was substantially ahead of Matt Gonzales in the November election but he did not recieve 50% of the vote + 1 so there is a run-off...BUT...the latest polls have Gonzales leading Newsom by 2% points. That is not much but a complete surprise to everyone. What happened? Perhaps that was just a fluke. Where was this poll taken anyway?

Well, Mr. Schwarzenegger takes office Monday morning in Sacramento. It will be a low key inauguration and apparently he will call a special session of the legislature the following day to repeal the car tax and fix some other problems he raised in his campaign. The next three years could be very interesting.

I wanted to go out to eat dinner tonight but I am so tired from putting together the new TV stand that I decided to eat at home which was not easy considering how little there is in the fridge. I won't say what I ate but suffice it to say, the total package was not exactly the most healthful meal I have ever eaten. Oh well, c'est la vie!

-30-




No comments: