Sunday, November 09, 2003

Sunday blahs

No football, or at least none of any interest. No baseball. Can't stand basketball. Know little about hockey. Don't care about golf. So what is a guy to do on a Sunday afternoon in which it threatens to rain? (Don't answer that!)

Sunday night is always the most depressing night of the week since I have to go back to work on Monday morning but not for much longer. Yipee!

Just discovered recently that I have 12 more channels of TV programs than I had previously and Comcast did not tell me about it in my monthly statement. I was channel surfing one night and could not find CNN and discovered it had been bumped from 50 up to 56. So I continued to explore and found that I now have the Animal Planet channel, History Channel, Halmark, ESPN II (have always had ESPN), Cartoon Network, Fox News (barf - I prefer CNN), Court Television (whoopee), and the Travel Channel. There are a few others plus others have been moved to accomodate the additions to the SF lineup. I wonder why I wasn't sent a notice with my monthly bill. Oh, and thinking of Comcast, they are scheduled to be out here on Tuesday to install high speep internet cable. I hope this works. A previous attempt at DSL through my ISP Earthlink failed because the wiring in this building (built in the early 60s) could not handle it.

And I still do not have my renewed driver's license. It has been eight weeks since mailing in the renewal. They say you need to allow six weeks so if the license is not in tomorrows mail I will be calling them once again. Unfortunately their flunky clerks sound so disinterested in their job that it makes it very difficult to get anywhere with them. If all else fails, I will contact "7 on your side" in an effort to find out what is going on.

So brothers and sisters, that is it from this corner of San Francisco for now.

No comments: