Tuesday, August 03, 2004

I don't believe it. I heard that Shrek II, Harry Potter (the latest one anyway) and Spiderman II have been banned in China. Is that government so insecure that it can't show those movies? The reason for the ban according to my source, is that the movies are too violent. Well, really...I have not seen Shrek II but I saw the first one as an in-flight movie and if the second one is similar, it can not be called violent, at least in any threatening manner.

Canned wine? Yup, just saw it on TV. Apparently it is popular in Singapore and some parts of Australia and another country in that region.

This old intelligence news that Tom Ridge revealed on Sunday somehow seems suspect. Maybe politics is not involved however how many times can the government scream that the sky is falling? What good can this do? Perhaps they might prevent a car or truck bomb from hitting an intended target but a few stolen SCUD missiles sure could change things in a hurry.


No comments: